Tour Code: SBT/SA/02 3D2N Mt. Kinabalu Explorer (Kinabalu Park HQ & Timpohon)
2 - 3
4 - 8
9 - 14
15 - 25
Standard Rate (Malaysian , Dormitory)
Standard Rate (International , Dormitory)
01 JANUARY - 31DEC2017 (subject to change)
All Rates included 6% GST.
All Rates are based on per person & Non-Heated dormitory basis.
International Child with age 17 years old and below entitle for a discount of RM120 per person.
Climbers below 16 years old require a separate mountain guide. Each guide is allowed to take a maximum of 2climbers with extra charge RM230+6% each guide.
Upgrade for Kinabalu Park HQ Accommodation from Dormitory to Chalet, add on
RM185 per person for Malaysian, and add on RM240 per person for International.
Surcharge applicable for Laban Rata Room 1, 2 (2persons in 1room) and 3 (6 person room) **subject to available
Surcharge RM30 per person for Pick up from Beringgis resort, Langkah Syabas, and etc.
Transportation, Accommodation and Meals as stated, Kinabalu Park Entrance Fee, Climbing Permit, Insurance, Mountain Guide, Certificate of Achievement, 6% GST
Transportation Arrangement: Return Transfers from Kota Kinabalu to Kinabalu Park HQ, Return Transfers from Reception to Timpohon Gate (Starting Point / by Koktas)
Accommodation Arrangement: 1 night at Kinabalu Park (Dormitory / Lodge), 1 night Laban Rata (Non Heated Dormitory Basis)
Meals Arrangement: Dinner at Balsam Cafe (Day1), Breakfast & Packed Lunch at Balsam Café (Day 2), Dinner at Laban Rata Restaurant (Day2), Early Supper & Breakfast at Laban Rata Restaurant (Day 3), Lunch at Balsam Café (until 1600hrs) (Day 3)
Air Ticket, Porter Fee, Mountain Guide Overtime Charge, Optional Tipping, Alcoholic Drinks, Any Items Not Mentioned
Day 1 KOTA KINABALU (KK) / KINABALU PARK HQ (Dinner)
1230hrs Meet arrival at airport or hotel lobby, proceed to Kinabalu park HQ, The journey takes roughly 1 ½ hour’s drive through scenic countryside and beautiful mountain range. A brief stop at Nabalu Market gives you the opportunity to buy local handicrafts and local fruits. On arrival at the Kinabalu National Park –The world Nature Heritage site, enjoy the cool and refreshing mountain air, and have a majestic view of Mount Kinabalu, The mountain will look even more spectacular with a sheer wall of granite towering a few thousand meters from the virgin forest floor and ending in jagged peaks. Free at own leisure or proceed for a guided walk along the nature trails with the park naturalist. While walking, listen to the sounds of the jungle and observe nature's plants, trees, orchids and butterflies. Overnight at the Kinabalu Park accommodation. Dinner provided at Balsam café Restaurant *Optional visit to Poring Hot Spring upon request, extra charge apply.
Day 2 KINABALU PARK HQ / TIMPOHON GATE / LABAN RATA (Breakfast, Packed Lunch, Dinner)
0630hrs Breakfast at Balsam café, collect you packed lunch from the restaurant, after breakfast meet your experience mountain guide at park HQ, a short briefing will make by your mountain guide before you start the journey. You’ll then be transferred to starting point – Timpohon Gate – where your journey and quest to the summit of Borneo’s highest mountain begins! The trekking will take about 5 to 8 hours to complete depending on individual fitness levels. Upon arriving at 11,000 feet at the Laban rata area, check into the assigned accommodation where you can rest, after chick-in relax and just marvel at the spectacular mountain landscapes , Buffet dinner will serve at Laban Rata Restaurant ( served from 4.30pm until 7Pm) *Remember to wear your ID TAG at all times.
Day3 LABAN RATA / LOW’S PEAK – SUMMIT
OF MOUNT KINABALU / KK (Early Supper, Breakfast, Lunch)
0200hrs Wake up for early supper and continue ascent to the summit of Mount Kinabalu (4095.2m above sea level). Upon reaching the summit (Low's Peak), This hike further up the mountain would take another 3 hours to complete but you reap what you sow and in this instance, an opportunity to take photographs on the highest point in South East Asia. In clear weather, a spectacular sunrise awaits weary climbers. After such a stunning sunrise view, it is time to descend back down to Laban Rata Restaurant where you will enjoy a well-deserved breakfast, check out and trek back down to Timpohon gate, collect a Certificate of Achievement and feast on Hi-Tea served in a Balsam café in Kinabalu Park before departing back to the city. Transfer back to your Hotel. * Lunch will be served at Balsam Cafe (until 1600hrs).
~ End of Tour ~
** No Worry for Your Late Descent, We Provide Private Transfer & Our Friendly Staff Will Wait at Kinabalu Park Office from 1430hrs until All Climber Safely Finish the Climb. (Let us know if you request an earlier transfer)
| || |
Additional Info: Hirer Mountain Guide (New Rates Effective from 1st December 2015) *Below Rate Subject to 6% GST
Number of climber
One mountain guide is allowed to take a maximum of five (5) climbers aged 16 years and above.
1-5 (16 years and above) / 1 guide
One mountain guide is allowed to take a maximum of two (2) climbers aged below 16 years.
1-2 (15 years and below) / 1 guide
=> Recommended Mt Guide tipping per person per day of RM10
=> *Separate Mountain Guide require for different category of climber. Exp: Should there have a group of 2climbers of age 15 & 16, 2Mountain Guides needed.
Overtime Charges: Arrive at Timpohon Gate later than 1600hrs, Based on total Mountain Guide in group
RM 15.00 per hour per guide
Option: Porter Fee (Timpohon – Laban Rata – Timpohon)
RM 13.00 per KG (Min 10kg)
WARMEST SUGGEST / REMINDER FROM US
WARMEST SUGGEST / REMINDER FROM US
• It is advisable to book this tour six months before actual/expected date of climbing and or before booking for your flight ticket to avoid disappointment. Due to its popularity, there are usually limited accommodation at the Panar Laban Rest House Area, where climbers are required to stay overnight before an early morning ascent to the peak on the next day.
• We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day of Mountain climb due to risk of delay causes by injuries, bad weather and others.
• Mountain Climb activity will take time for minimum 2D1N, a minimum of 4D3N Sabah Trip is recommended.
• Private transportation with pick up & drop off from your choice of hotel provided, please advise us your location as soon as possible.
• Original Passport / Mykad for all climbers require to provide upon confirmation to smoother the registration procedure. Please refer to SPECIAL NOTE FROM SUTERA SANCTUARY LODGES.
• Original Passport / Mykad for all climbers require bringing along for verification purpose upon registration at Kinabalu Park office.
SPECIAL NOTE FROM SABAH PARK
It is recommended that all climbers should have themselves medically checked before attempting any mountain climb. If you have a history of suffering from the following ailments, it is highly recommend that you should refrain from climbing: Hypertension, Diabetes, Palpitation, Arthritis, Heart disease, severe anemia, Peptic ulcers, Epileptic fits, Obesity (overweight), Chronic asthma, Muscular cramps, Hepatitis (jaundice); or any other disease which may hamper the climber.
SPECIAL NOTE FROM SUTERA SANCTUARY LODGES
In compliance with the Personal Data Protection Act 2010 (PDPA), SSL requires all guests to produce their identity cards or valid passports upon check-in. Non-Malaysian nationalities must produce their valid international passports upon check-in. To facilitate a smoother check-in process for your group, please provide us with a copy of all climber 2sides identity cards or 2pages valid passports upon confirmation for us to enter guests’ details into our system. The original documents will be required to be presented at the registration desk for verification purposes against the data in our system. A similar requirement applies to Sabah Parks, agents are required to submit the climbers’ form with a copy of their identity cards or valid passports. Rest assured that SSL will only collect the relevant and required information.
Due to an unexpected technical problem at Timpohon Gate Power Station, we are currently experiencing electricity failure at Laban Rata. All efforts are on the way to rectify this problem. There will be no electricity supply until further notice. However, there are basic lightings which are powered by mini gen set. Hot shower and room heater are not available during this period. Any inconvenient caused is much regretted.
SANCTUARY BORNEO TRAVEL AGENCY SDN BHD provide service, responsibility & duty based on the Terms & Conditions (T&C) as mentioned below.
The submission of the inquiry / booking form shall be deemed to constitute the acceptance of the Booking Terms and Conditions by YOU (Organizer) and your group member; and shall be an undertaking that YOU have the authority to act for and on behalf of the persons named on the Booking Form for the travel and tour services. The form may be submitted via email, fax, short message service (SMS) and social media ((Facebook, Weibo, WeChat,Whatsap) Private Messages (PM). Referring to the T&C as below, “Guest” hereby refers to YOU (Organizer) and your group member.
Mount Kinabalu Climb Booking Terms
& Conditions, Any items not mentioned will refer to the General T&C
1. The package availability is limited to available climbing permits and accommodation; it’s advisable to make reservation at least 30days prior to departure.
2. Non Refundable & Non Transferable Guarantee Deposit of RM500 per person & a full Climber Detail Form (Climber Full Name, IC no or Passport No, Nationality) is require to be submitted upon inquiry. Booking for the Mt Climbing package are subject to availability and the guarantee deposit is for Guest to guarantee their interest in the event the climb is available. If the package is not available on the proposed booking date, the deposit will be refunded in full.
3. Once booking confirmed, 50% of tour fee (after deduction of the guarantee deposit Rm500 per person) is require to settle within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued. The balance payment is then to be made at least 60 days before the date of climb.
4. Full payment for any booking less than 60 days from the date of arrival is required in full within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued.
5. Should the guest not settle the payment on time, we reserved the right to cancel the booking without any announcement, and the mountain climb slot will open for other waiting list guest.
6. *Special Amendment Policy: Mountain Climb Package does not accept change date, change date consider cancel booking.
7. * Special Cancellation Policy: Should you wish to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, any fees paid are non refundable.
8. We do not recommend you to catch your flight on the same day that you descend the mountain due to possible delay from injuries, tiredness and/or bad weather and traffic conditions.
General Terms & Conditions
General Terms & Conditions
1. Package validity until 31/12/2018.
2. All the rates are quote in RINGGIT MALAYSIA and per person based, quotation based on city area hotel pick up.
3. Once booking confirmed, 30% of Tour fee is require to settle within 3Working Days from the date of confirmation issued. The balance payment to be made at least 30 days before the date of arrival.
4. Amendment Policy: An amendment fee of Rm30 will be charged for any amendments after the confirmation issued & payment done, except where this involves additional days, tours, number of rooms, or number of people booked. Cancellation of any services in whole or in part is subject to the said cancellation policy.
5. Cancellation Policy: Should you wish to cancel your booking once it has been confirmed, we will collect 10% of tour fee as administrative fee; cancel make less than 7days will deduct 50% of tour fee; cancel make less than 3days full cancellation charged. If the product relate with 3rd party service (Air Ticket, Accommodation, Mount Climbing & etc) will require to refer back to 3rd party Terms & Conditions & our side will still collect an extra 10% of tour fee as administrative fee.
6. No refund is available for cancellation after the tour has commenced, ground transportation or any other services.
7. Without Your (Organizer) approval / notice, Our Company will not discuss the arrangement / adjustment / amendment with your group member / 3rd party. Should there is any adjustment / amendment; it is require to inform our office team through email for both side to keep well record. All amendment requests are subject to reconfirmation and availability.
8. The final confirmed tour and any special request will only valid if it is mentioned in the confirmation.
9. Any item not mentioned in the Package included is not under the quotation, this kind of item such as airfare, excess baggage charges, baggage fee, Visa and other travelling document fees, video/camera fee, personal needs (toiletries, medicine & etc), personal belonging, meals, hotel and tour not mentioned, personal insurance, Tips and etc.
10. Our provided service and quotation based on minimum 2adults, single traveller cost will be a different quote. For a single traveller, we may charge YOU based on minimum 2adults price if there are other guests joining in on the Sit in Coach tour, or else an additional 50% tour fee will be incurred. Any single supplementary charge will pay by guest as well.
11. Sample Itinerary for reference only, actual timing and schedule arrangement will depends to current situation. Our company will consider guest safety & benefit as a first priority and we reserve the right to adjust the schedule without pre-inform. Should they require to replace by other tours, we will recommend the nearest standard price package as selection. We will try our best to minimize the changes. Any changes of tour arrangement, we will not issue any refund, comprehensive and responsibility causes.
12. We will not responsible with any loss of property, injured and any unexpected risk. All guest used company service will also act as agreed any risk causes will bear by own.
13. The organizer has the sole and absolute discretion to cancel or shorten their duration of any tour in event of force injury, hostilities, accident or other circumstance beyond the control of the organizer which render unnecessary in the organizer reasonable opinion that such step to be taken.
14. Our company had purchased Professional Indemnity & Public Liability Insurance, our chauffeur drive are insured with comprehensive motor vehicle insurance. It is advisable to purchase own travel insurance once travel trip confirmed, this is to ensure you will receive compensation from flight delay, lost baggage, and any unexpected risk.
15. Our Company Banking Detail as below:
LO / Cheque : Sanctuary Borneo Travel Agency Sdn Bhd, Kota Kinabalu
BANKING DETAIL 1
BANKING DETAIL 2
BANKING DETAIL 3
Bank Name : CIMB Bank Berhad
Bank Branch : API-API CENTRE, Kota Kinabalu
Bank Account No. : 8007024714
Bank SHIFT CODE : CIBBMYKL
• Any Local and or Oversea Bank Charges will bear by clients.
• Tour Package Price subject to 3% charge for credit card by merchant or 6% charge for PayPal handling charges.
• Please email or fax us a copy of the payment slip once completed.